About the job
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs, planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: Deputy Manager - Piping Lead Beneficiation
- Lead Engineer with EPC experience in Beneficiation Processes of Chemical Plants
- Prior Experience with Technology Provider (TP) for example FL Smith (Beneficiation) etc preferred.
- Good experience required in Equipment & piping Layout for Phosphoric Acid & Sulphuric Acid Plants
- Supervise and leads a team of engineers and designers in carrying out detailed engineering work for large & medium sized projects
- Review of ITT, identification of scope and technical requirements
- Identifies areas of concern and risk, and directs the Teams to develop Risk Register
- Critically reviews the sizing and design requirements, and identifies areas of optimization and potential cost savings
- Review and moderates as required, piping cost and man-hour estimate
- Performs Contract Review exercises and identifies inconsistencies related to scope of work and supply, HSE and technical requirements
- Verify and conceptualize the most optimum work route. Identify a clear scope of work/supply and accordingly plan/schedule the engineering activities and manpower resource. Identify and quantify total number of engineering deliverables, man-hour allocation, format of delivery, time schedules and other requirements for execution of the work.
- Coordinate with projects and planning on project time schedules, establish target completion dates, ensure target dates are achieved.
- Develop Manpower charts and schedules, recommend, assign, and distribute manpower for the execution of engineering activities within budgeted project man-hours. Recommend cost effective measures to reduce overall manpower costs.
- Review and identify design inputs from other discipline documents such as environmental regulations, hazardous area classifications, process design basis, project specifications, process data sheets, P&IDs, control system block diagram, Mechanical data sheets.
- Lead a team of Piping Engineers and designers in all respects, support & guide the team to ensure design integrity in Projects and Proposals.
- Critically review and check all project deliverables such as Plot plan, Nozzle orientation, Civil inputs, PMS, Valve & Special data sheets, MR & TBE
- Co-ordinate and participate in various internal & client Model reviews.
- Interface and regularly meet with client and vendor representatives, conduct internal staff meetings, ensure the progress of project in accordance to schedule, allotted man hours and budgeted costs. Coordinate with projects and planning departments on schedule related issues.
- Review & monitoring of IDC & Vendor document reviews
- Monitor and ensure the Team focus on co-coordinating and managing technical interfaces amongst various disciplines and adequately capture changes as work progresses
- Direct and monitor Material Take Off (MTO) activities, identify irregularities and shortfalls, take corrective action as required.
- Interact with Quality Assurance for quality issues; strictly ensure compliance with Client’s ISO Quality procedures. Coordinate Internal and Client audit requests; facilitate audit procedures of engineering systems within the department.
- Interface and provide clarification and guidance and technical support to construction sites and commissioning engineers, provide start-up assistance as required.
- Responsible for man-hour estimates, manpower planning and resource allocation
- Focus is to maintain a stronghold of the project goals (Ensuring integrity & safety of the design, meeting quality as per contractual intent, meeting schedule, optimizing procurement construction cost and maintaining high productivity)
- Good knowledge of Codes & standards
Essential Qualifications And Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a 15+ years related oil & gas/petrochemical experience preferable from a background in working for EPC/consultancy organizations.
- In depth Knowledge of International Codes & Standards with specific expertise is ASME B 31.3.
- In depth Knowledge of International Codes & Standards pertaining to Equipment Layout / Safety Distances for Equipment.
- Experience in Design & Execution of Non Metallic Piping Systems like GRE/HDPE.
- Experience in EPC of Oil & Gas Plants / Refinery / New Energy / Petrochemical / Mining Plant Design & Layout. Experience in Brown Field Execution / FEED Engineering / Vendor Packages / Layout Study / Statutory Requirements / EPC of Oil & Gas Plants / Refinery / New Energy / Petrochemical / Mining Plant Design & Layout / Iso Planning, Checking & Revision Control / Bulk Take-off & Quantity Control / Area Close out / Proposal Engineering / Offshore Piping.
- Basic Knowledge & Understanding of Stress Analysis of Piping systems.
Preferred Software Experience
- E3D, PDMS (exposure)
- Navisworks Simulate (Proficient)
- AutoCAD (Proficient)
- CEASAR-II (Basic)
- Office Tools (Proficient)