About the job
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
You as a Team Leader – Assembly will be part of Hitachi Energy business based in Dammam, Saudi Arabia. You will be responsible for leading a team of production employees in the manufacturing of our product. Driving operational safety, quality, and productivity results in a production environment.
- Organizing and allocating resources to effectively and efficiently to meet line production targets. Responding to resource issues as necessary.
- Leading capacity planning and resource optimization for the assigned unit or line.
- Ensuring that production scheduling and production plan meets the volume requirements agreed in the demand plan and support defining inventory service levels.
- Identifying and recommending technical equipment and facility improvements as necessary.
- Ensuring execution of volume, conforming product, and on-time delivery targets for the assigned production lines.
- Identifying deficiencies in production area, proposing improvement activities and overseeing implementation of actions to improve production performance.
- Managing the resolution of critical product or equipment issues together with relevant internal teams.
- Ensuring with HR Manager support that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed.
- Guiding, motivating and developing direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or diploma.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in mechanical or manufacturing background. Experience with 5’s, TPM, SMED, KANBAN, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Strong leadership skills with a sense of urgency to obtain results.
- Ability to motivate, coach, and lead both hourly and professional associates.
- Ability to multi-task and work on various projects at the same time.
- Knowledge of MS Office and SAP is an advantage.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English and Arabic language is required.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com