About the job
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you'll be part of
Our Business Group is a leader in wireless mobility networks and associated services. With more than 3.500 patent families essential for 5G we have a strong 5G portfolio and are a front runner in open and virtualized radio access networks (O-RAN and vRAN).
The RBC MEA Head of Technology team helps define future customer technology needs and closes the feedback loop between customers and the product and services teams. HoT team will work closely with customers, SBMU, CX and PLM team to interlock the long term requirements and set the roadmap priorities.
What You Will Learn And Contribute To
As Head of Technology for Saudi Arabia SBMU , the role and responsibilities are
- Help Nokia win and retain business by resolving critical customer technology challenges with CTs, Pre-Sales , Services, and Product Lines.
- Position Nokia as technology and innovation leader to improve CTO/CxO mindshare and drive sales leads through consultative engagement. Understand customer network environment and challenges. Ability to match customer vision and customer business challenges with Nokia technologies and influence customer technology agenda and network evolution to the advantage of Nokia, independent of specific opportunities.
- Capture emerging customer business drivers, technology trends and competitor intelligence to drive competitive portfolio and long-term roadmap in alignment with MN PLM.
- Create and provide insights into technology trends, competitive positioning and value argumentation to support sales activities within SBMU.
- Drive new market driven technology introduction and innovation programs across MN portfolio in cooperation with New Technologies & Innovations, BGs and customers
- Create long term portfolio evolution plans for Saudi customers.
- Write internal and external technical documentation to increase visibility of Nokia’s technical competence.
- Industry and ecosystem engagement – position Nokia in relevant external technology forums in the market unit
Your Skills And Experience
- Understanding of telecom market dynamics, customer business needs and technology in great depth and breadth incl. mobile networks, 5G, LTE, OSS, cloud and data centers.
- 15+ years of professional experience of which 5+ years in senior/executive level technology management roles, e.g. as CTO, head of technology strategy / innovation / product management, in CSP and/or vendor organizations, with a successful track record.
- Ability to engage, influence and build trusted relationships with senior external (Customer C-Level decision makers) and internal stakeholders to influence technology needs and prime a strong interlock with MN PLM
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical topics.
- Successful track record of executive level customer engagement.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to lead virtual / cross-organizational teams.
- Maintains strategic, future orientated technology knowledge
- Willingness and agility to learn and to “think out of the box”. Listens with curiosity and shares ideas openly.
- Ability to handle pressure, objections and difficult situations.
- A technical degree, preferably MSc or PhD, is mandatory.
What We Offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
Sales Development & Solutioning - Solution Selling Specialist
Middle East & Africa-Saudi Arabia-Saudi Arabia-Riyadh