About the job
Business Value Consulting EMEA Lead - Remote EMEA
AVEVA infuses industrial software with intelligence to empower people to shape a sustainable future. We work with our customers and harness the power of our ecosystem to deliver operational agility and empower human expertise. Our solutions advance engineering and operations with Performance Intelligence. From water and energy to food and infrastructure, we inspire insights that transform opportunity into sustainable business value. We combine unparalleled intelligence with collaborative innovation to enable people and industries to thrive.
There are 6,000 of our people at 90 locations in more than 40 countries who challenge themselves and each other to create and improve the transformative technology our customers need. With our help, industries across the world can make a positive difference to the lives of people everywhere.
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. At AVEVA, we’re all about Limitless possibilities. Are you?
The primary purpose of this role is to lead the Business Value Consulting team activity for the region, ensuring that the team strategy is implemented at the regional level. This position is expected to assist the Sales team in driving consultative and value-based selling to accelerate revenue growth for AVEVA Global and Corporate Accounts in the specific region. The activities include defining the team strategy for the specific region, coordinating with regional and market sales leads to define priorities and strategic customer pursuits, and aligning with the regional Presales team to ensure the right support and compliance with the sales process. As a team lead, this role is also responsible for the management of the local team to ensure that the different objectives are met. Supporting strategic deals for agreed-upon customers, providing thought leadership in assigned industry verticals, and assisting the Sales team in developing business and account plans to drive pipeline growth and overall business for AVEVA are additional responsibilities.
- Work with sales management and account managers to review the overall customer engagement strategy to determine where the business value consulting approach can drive revenue and growth possibilities
- Collaborate with account managers, enterprise consultants, and solution consultants to pursue and develop opportunities in assigned geographic or vertical market segments
- To drive new revenue from assigned geography or vertical market, lead key customer engagement activities, such as value proposition, executive first, solution design workshops, and value-based business cases
- Prospect new potential customers to build pipelines and generate new business for increased revenue and growth of the client base
- Work with marketing and portfolio business to align solution capabilities with customers' objective to generate value
- Actively involved in the development of the AVEVA asset library and thought leadership content to build a repeatable and more consistent approach to sales and opportunity management
- Actively contribute to the AVEVA Knowledge Library, sharing content and customer outcomes and participating in the Communities of Practice for the relevant market and industry
- Maintain market awareness of the customer’s marketplace, projects, business demands, and corporate strategies
- Actively participate in industry think tanks and associations to maintain awareness of the latest industry and digital trends to keep market relevance with our customers
- Provide feedback and reports to the business teams as required to further refine our strategy for increased business growth and market penetration
- Interact with AVEVA’s Business Units to maintain knowledge of the latest digital trends and AVEVA product and portfolio strategy
Skills and Qualifications
- BS degree in Engineering discipline and/or Business Administration, MBA preferred
- Minimum 15 years of experience in sales management, business development, and/or a customer value creation role
- Experience in working on the customer side, either for an owner-operator or an EPC, with strong knowledge of the oil & gas industry. Particularly, strong domain experience in oil & gas midstream and downstream sectors.
- Strong experience in business and industry consulting in both business consulting companies and/or any other industrial software companies interacting with sales, pre-sales, service delivery, and portfolio strategy
- Strong knowledge of the industrial software market, including the AVEVA Portfolio and the competitive landscape of solution providers across the various AVEVA verticals
- Ability to work cross-functionally, cross-business to drive growth within the assigned vertical or geography
- Ability to manage and lead cross-functional teams to deliver on customer business requirements
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Global Sales: The primary focus of this role is to engage with the sales organization. This role will look to work with the Corporate Accounts Sales teams to position AVEVA appropriately within identified projects and accounts to drive transformative opportunities
- Presales Enterprise Architects and Solution Consultants: For large-scale strategic engagements, this role should actively interact, collaborate, and coordinate with EAs and SCs to ensure the Account Sales Team receives the best possible support for opportunity generation, pipeline growth, and velocity.
- Business Lines & Portfolio Strategy: Because this person will be in close contact with the market, industry analysts, and customers, the candidate will be able to assist in the formulation of new market trends and then provide additional feedback on business units and portfolio strategy
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to being an exemplar employer with an inclusive culture, developing a workplace environment where all our employees are treated with dignity and respect. We value diversity and the expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.
Concerning agencies: AVEVA does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.